Summer may be over, but there is still much nightlife going on over at Fire Island, CJ’s Restaurant & Bar will be hosting their Halloween party on Friday night, October 18 in Ocean Beach beginning at 7 p.m. Everyone is welcome. Here are all the things you need to know to know about this most spirited of Fire Island occasions.
- COSTUME PRIZES: Some say the CJ’s Halloween party is when Fire Islanders show up as they really are, which raises the question are they even costumes at all? The grand prize winner will receive $500, runner-up $150, and one lucky third place winner will receive a $100 gift card to CJ’s, and you can enjoy a lot of Rocket Fuels on that! There will also be other swag – doors prizes and giveaways – we are not at liberty to tell, but let’s just say those who do not show will miss out.
- THE JUDGES: “Aunt Diane” and a few favorites have returned to determine Best in Show. There are few new faces as well, including “Ritchie Rich” from neighboring establishment, the Sandbar –All costume judges are impartial with no employment or business interest in CJ’s Restaurant & Bar, so everyone has the same fair chance to win.
- TURNTABLE TUNES: Disk jockey FI-RA (aka Ira Zahler) is back to set the mood with music all night long. Other special guests TBA.
- FOOD & DRINK: Happy Hour from 7-9 p.m. includes a free buffet with specialty “shocktails” available for purchase at the bar to wash them down with. Guess again if you think the free food is scary leftovers. Because CJ’s is the only year round restaurant on Fire Island all the food is always fresh and good, be it Halloween, Fourth of July or Christmas Eve!
- BROOMSTICKS NOT REQUIRED: Travel accommodations are easy. Check with Fire Island Ferries, Inc. to plan for your arrival. CJ’s has chartered with Fire Island Water Taxi for the return trip at an affordable price, making a late night possible. The return trip from Ocean Beach to Bay Shore departs at 12:45 a.m. sharp, at $20 per person with limited seating available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot. Rooms are also available at The Palms Hotel Fire Island only a block away from CJ’s. with rates beginning at $199. Sleep it off and enjoy the quiet beauty of off-season Fire Island the next morning. Call 631-583-8870 for more details.
CJ’s Restaurant & Bar and The Palms Hotel Fire Island are both owned owned by the same parent company as Fire Island News.
Share this Article